Nursery was founded in 1958 by Mr. Hugo Schulz. Originally,
the business was started as a wholesale operation but local
demand led the
nursery to become a retail garden center, as more and more
customers learned of its existence. In the beginning, hardly
any funds were available for advertising but word of mouth
by happy customers helped to spread the news and the business
continued to grow, thanks to the efforts of hard working
and dedicated employees.
plants and great service are hallmarks of Schulz Nursery.
Gazette newsletter was started by Jim Schulz. The Dutch Sale and the
Shady Deal were also creations from the Schulz era
and we are proud to continue